FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Kristin Cole 615.289.6701
A. Larry Ross 469.774.6362
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Christian Leaders to Unite in Prayer
for Healing4Charlottesville on Dec. 2
Event will Feature Prayer Walk, National Speakers at Downtown Mall
Listen to Bishop Harry Jackson and Bob Crittenden of Faith Radio discuss Healing 4 Charlottesville.
Local ministers have issued a call to the Christian community to gather Dec. 2 for Healing4Charlottesville, a day of prayer and repentance after the tragic events of August 12 made the city a symbol of racial violence.
Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017, Charlottesville Virginia
• Pastors’ breakfast, 9:30 a.m., Marriott Courtyard, 1201 W. Main St.
• News conference, noon, Emancipation Park
• Prayer walk, 1 p.m., originating from various area churches
• Solemn assembly featuring national speakers, 2 p.m., Charlottesville Pavilion on the downtown mall
• Dr. Mark Beliles, a minister at Grace Covenant Church in Charlottesville, the founder and president of America Transformation Company and one of the chief organizers of Healing4Charlottesville;
• Dr. Alvin Edwards, founder of the Charlottesville Clergy Collective, pastor of Mt. Zion First African Baptist Church and one of the chief organizers of Healing4Charlottesville;
• Bishop Harry Jackson, co-founder of the Reconciled Church, senior pastor of Hope Christian Church in the Washington, D.C. area, and member of President Trump’s Faith Advisory Board;
• Dr. J. Doug Stringer, founder and president of Somebody Cares America and International as well as Turning Point Ministries International; and
• Will Ford and Matt Lockett, who will share their powerful testimony of reconciliation between a son of former slaves and a son of former slave owners.
For more information about the event, please visit http://www.healing4charlottesville.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Kristin Cole of A. Larry Ross Communications at 615.289.6701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.